Research has demonstrated that a Low FODMAP Diet (LFD) can effectively address digestive symptoms in patients with IBS, although finds are inconsistent. The prevailing optimism surrounding the LFD’s ability to positively influence the intestinal microbiota, selectively targeting certain organisms or modulating the immune system – such as through histamine reduction – is not robustly supported by scientific literature. This has led to a mischaracterization of the diet’s capabilities, proliferating through publications, practitioner recommendations, social media discourse, and online forums.
In this webinar, Angela will guide you through a comprehensive examination of existing studies and their findings, shedding light on the realities and misconceptions of the Low FODMAP Diet.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Evaluate LFD efficacy for SIBO via comprehensive study analyses
- Clarify myths about LFD’s impact on histamine levels and its misinterpretation in contemporary literature
- Explore nutritional alterations resulting from LFD
- Learn the drawbacks to implementing a sweeping LFD protocol in clinical settings
- Discover best practices for integrating LFD into your clinical practice